Stop Leak tape is a versatile all-purpose weatherproof repair tape for sealing and repairing leaks. Preventing further damage, ensuring your home, vehicles, and structures stay dry and secure.
Ideally suited for repairing:
- Roofing: Repair those pesky leaks in your roof, ensuring your home stays dry and comfortable.
- Guttering: Keep your gutters in top shape with Stop Leak Tape, preventing water damage to your property.
- Downpipe: Seal any cracks or leaks in downpipes to maintain efficient water drainage.
- Water Tank Tops: Ensure your water tanks are watertight, preserving your water supply.
- Skylights: Seal joints around skylights to prevent any water from sneaking in during a rain shower.
- Doors and Adjoining Building Surfaces: Use Stop Leak Tape to weatherproof your doors and the areas where different building surfaces meet.
- Seams in Caravans, Trucks, Sheds, and More: This tape is versatile enough to handle seam sealing on various vehicles and structures.
Stop Leak Flashing Tape is a polyester fused aluminium foil coated with thick Butyl rubber adhesive used for weather sealing joints and seams.
Adheres to most clean and dry surfaces including: Metals, Brick, Cement, PVC, Timber, Glass, Fiberglass
- Permanent seal
- Easily molded in to place
- Adheres to most substrates
- 5 sizes available
- Handy pack range
Applying Stop Leak Tape
When it comes to applying Stop Leak Tape, it's essential to follow these steps to ensure a secure and effective seal, especially in New Zealand's varying weather conditions:
- Measure and Cut: Start by measuring the required length of Stop leak Tape. For cutting, we recommend using a razor blade for precise results.
- Surface Preparation: Ensure that the surface you're sealing is clean and free of any dirt, oil, or contaminants.
- Remove Backing: Peel off the transparent backing from the tape.
- Apply Firm Pressure: Press the Stop leak Tape firmly onto the surface, making sure to eliminate any air pockets.
Handy pack size
|Width (mm)||Length (m)|
|Width (mm)||Length (m)|
Uses include repairs to roofing, guttering, downpipe or water tank tops, sealing joints around skylights, doors or adjoining building surfaces and weather sealing seams in caravans, trucks, toolsheds etc. Stop Leak is not a permanent solution in replacing existing weather flashing on the home.
Instructions for use:
1. Thoroughly clean and dry surfaces prior to applying flashing tape.
2. If surface is porous or crumbling, prime with Duram primeseal.
3. Apply Flashing Tape firmly to substrate, smooth down and mould in place.
4. Overlap adjoining strips by a minimum of 25mm.
5. Application temperature is 5OC to 40OC. May be warmed to aid adhesion if col